Who We Are
Garner Pelvic Health is a full-service, across the lifespan practice that offers highly specialized integrative services in pelvic health and orthopedic care. With over 60 years of combined experience, GPH offers the most comprehensive care for pelvic health in the Triad, which includes Concierge Care, cutting edge Rehabilitative Lumbopelvic Ultrasound Imaging, Dry Needling, Health Coaching, Prenatal & Postpartum Care, LGBTQIA Pelvic Health, Prolapse Management & Pessary Fitting, Advanced Incontinence Care, and Men’s Health.
Garner Pelvic Health is also a training center that offers professional continuing education and online workshops and fitness and wellness classes through its sister company, Living Well Institute. We offer workshops specific to Medical Therapeutic Yoga & Pilates, Functional, Integrative, & Lifestyle Medicine for Prenatal, Postpartum, Menopause, & Pain Management. Our therapists are also licensed Athletic Trainers who specialize in orthopedic care, so we also have you covered whether you are a Performing Artist or amateur or Professional Athlete.
Founded by Dr. Ginger Garner, Garner Pelvic Health relocated to the historic Revolution Mill in Greensboro in 2019 after 21 years on the coast in North Carolina. From the Crystal Coast to the Piedmont Triad, patients and professionals alike seek out Dr. Garner for both her professional education and her personalized, unique approach to physical therapy and mindfulness-based care.
Dr. Garner started her first clinic in 2000 after treating people with chronic pain with yoga and realizing how much more effective it was than physical therapy alone. In 2004 she stopped accepting insurance because they were regularly denying care to her patients with chronic pain. Instead she opened one of the first physical therapy-yoga hybrid studios in the US, where she was able to offer lower priced care that reached more people, and was less burdensome in cost to the system and the patient.
She went on to author 2 bestselling textbooks and is now an internationally sought-after speaker and educator, known for her trailblazing work in Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine in Physical Therapy and Medical Therapeutic Yoga, as well as Voice to Pelvic Floor Care.
Garner Pelvic Health is known for its ability to tackle complex cases in pelvic health and orthopedics, and regularly engages in state and federal policy creation, therapist mentorship & training, and welcoming out of state patients struggling with unique injuries. She has now built a team of world class therapists at GPH; and is proud to be able to offer across the lifespan care – including preventative and wellness care.
What Makes Us Different
- We offer Integrative + Traditional Physical Therapy, which is more effective than physical therapy care alone.
- We offer innovative continuing education and virtual group fitness and wellness classes, making us one of the few clinics in the US to offer in-person and virtual services.
- We are one of the few physical therapy clinics in the US to offer Rehabilitative Lumbopelvic Ultrasound Imaging
- We offer advanced services in Functional, Integrative, & Lifestyle Medicine
- Our therapists go above and beyond – they are not just doctors of physical therapy, they are also certified in:
- Medical Therapeutic Yoga/Professional Yoga Therapy
- Health Coaching
- Athletic Training & Sports Rehab
- Dry Needling
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Mindfulness & Stress Reduction
- Our founder is a published author in many of the specialized fields and training technique areas listed above
- Our Founder has also been a well-respected international speaker and educator for over 20 years, in addition to being a clinician.
- We work for patients, not insurance companies. We provide 1-on-1 specialized care where the entire visit is spent with just you.
- We offer Concierge (Intensive) Care for those who want to accomplish more or for those who are traveling from out of state or country.
- We offer Prepare to Push Birth Coaching and other classes.
- Our therapists are also performing artists in voice and dance, so we know how to help artists manage and prevent injury.
- Our Founder has pioneered techniques to treat vocal issues with integrative physical therapy and imaging. Her Voice to Pelvic Floor program is for public speakers, vocalists, actors/actresses and anyone who depends on their voice to make a living.
- Our staff therapist, Dr. Susan Mann is known in Toastmasters for her high empathy as well as her pelvic health subspecialty in effective health coaching.
Meet Your Team
Dr. Ginger Garner
I am an integrative PT, educator, and longtime advocate committed to making physical therapy services accessible, affordable, and equitable, especially for pelvic health. I am the CEO of Living Well Institute which I founded in 2000 to teach therapists how to use integrative therapies (Yoga, Functional and Lifestyle Medicine) in clinical and health promotion practice.
Dr. Keeli Gailes
I am a physical therapist who specializes in orthopedic and pelvic health conditions. I have received advanced training through Herman and Wallace for pelvic health and I am dry-needling certified through Double-E Education. I also am certified in Integrative lifestyle medicine through the Living Well Institute (Yay Dr. Ginger). My treatment style is also informed by manual therapy, McKenzie, and structural integration techniques as well as my background in dance and sports medicine.
Dr. Susan Baver Mann
Susan received her Doctor of Physical Therapy from Florida Gulf Coast University in 2015. She also has a MA in Physical Therapy, and a BS in Physical Therapy. Susan has many years of experience as a physical therapist, with an emphasis in outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation, chronic pain, Osteoporosis, Scoliosis, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, and Women and Men’s Pelvic Floor Dysfunction.