Ginger is a local and international advocate for maternal, child, and women’s health and improving access to integrative medicine and physical therapy using both her medical and music backgrounds. She has been featured in many publications, and her expertise, mission, and blogs have gained national attention.
Ginger joined the expert panel of Modern Mom in 2012.
Ginger has been featured in People Magazine’s Mom and Baby blogroll, as an expert in postpartum women’s health.
Ginger’s original blog, Breathing In This Life, is a National Association of Mothers’ Centers Blog. She has been interviewed, quoted, and invited to be a part of many other blogs and publications. All the while, her blog has remained ad free and revenue free. It is a simple public service, her way to give.
- March 19, 2014 – Ginger is interviewed by the American Council on Exercise (ACE): Yoga for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- February 7, 2013 – Max Magazine – Garner to Take Stage – A Touch of Jazz
- February 6, 2013 – Tideland News, Jacksonville Daily News, and other regional newspapers cover Ginger’s upcoming 3rd Annual Seaside Arts Council sponsored jazz concert. Slated for February 16, 2013 at 6 pm.
- December 10, 2012 – Yoga Therapy Today Reports on Professional Yoga Therapy Programs. The Report: The International Association of Yoga Therapists’ publication, Yoga Therapy Today, in its Winter 2012 issue features our program in a training report.Read the full report.
- September 7, 2012 – Ginger becomes a clinical instructor and author for Medbridge. See Ginger’s bio and learn more about Medbridge CE courses.
- August 24, 2012 – Ginger Garner Doubles Up At Copper Mountain – Lectures in Yoga as Medicine and a jazz performance using music as medicine. Read the featured story in the Summit Daily News
- August 17, 2012 – What About A Mothers’ Bill of Rights – Caring Economics Campaign features Ginger’s post.
- August 16, 2012 – Ginger Garner featured as one of the speakers at the 2nd Annual Mountain Pose Medicine and Yoga Symposium in Elephant Journal. Read the full article here.
- August 16, 2012 – Ginger Garner will appear at the 2nd Annual Mountain Pose Medicine and Yoga Symposium.
- August 14, 2012 – Ginger Garner featured as part of the artist lineup for the 28th Annual Copper Mountain Jazz and Wine Festival . See 2012 Artist Lineup. See Ginger’s Artist Page
- August 2012- Ginger featured in Shape magazine for her personal and professional work in medical yoga and claustrophia.
- April 26, 2012 – Interview with Ginger, as one of 3 Pain Specialists on Shaping Pain Management Healthcare Policy in the US. Becker’s Spine Review.
- March 26, 2012 – Ginger joins Modern Mom as part of their expert panel of regular contributing bloggers. Her new blog is entitled, Fit and Fearless Birth.
- February 15, 2012 – Tideland News covers Ginger’s concert for The Seaside Arts Council of NC.
- February 2, 2012 – Tideland News feature for February 9, 2012 The Seaside Arts Council of NC presents an evening dinner and jazz concert with Ginger Garner.
- April 19, 2011 – Ginger’s interview with BreezyMama.com gets a nod from People Magazine.
- April 7, 2011 – Ginger’s response to the Time magazine article on the delusion of parenting is mentioned on Your (Wo)man in Washington®. Read the full post here.
- February 19, 2011 – SOLD OUT Performance slated for Ginger Garner and Blue Moon Jazz at the Seaside Arts Council’s Performing Artists Series in NC.
- February 8, 2011 Ginger a guest in the Swansboro Seaside Arts Council Performing Artist Series 2011 bringing her jazz vocals to the stage February 19.
- January 31, 2011 Ginger quoted in story on Work/Life Balance by journalist Gina Gotsill
- January 6, 2011
Smoke’s Supper Club presents Ginger Garner, jazz musician and vocalist. Read more from
Smoke’s Supper Club
This Week Magazine
The Jacksonville Daily News
New Bern Now
Visit New Bern
The Sun Journal
- December 12, 2010
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association and Professional Yoga Therapy present a new webinar series on Medical Therapeutic Yoga In America. More information
- October 4, 2010
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association releases Ginger’s groundbreaking video on Evaluating the Athlete Using Medical Therapuetic Yoga.
- October 2, 2010
Ginger featured at the North Carolina Seafood Festival with her R&B and gospel band from M4M. See More
- eptember 27, 2010
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FOR THE NORTH CAROLINA SEAFOOD FESTIVAL PERFORMANCE
- September 16, 2010
Read & Watch
New Channel 14 North Carolina covers the mission in Haiti and the upcoming Garner event
- September 12, 2010
DOWNLOAD THE PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE GARNER SHOW, SEPT. 17, 2010
- September 10, 2010
Public Radio East Interview on the Down East Journal with M4M founder Ginger Garner
- September 9, 2010
M4M earns the support of the North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church
READ FULL STORY HERE
May 26, 2010 – Ginger Garner slated to headline at the Eastern jazzFest in New Bern on June 20.
- May 9, 2010 – Ginger Garner slated to headline North Carolina Seafood Festival with M4M friends.
- May 4, 2010 – Ginger featured on Yoga Fixes.com for her prenatal and postpartum therapuetic yoga and physical therapy work. Visit Here See Directory for Prenatal Resources here
- April 9 – Carolina News Channel 14 Interview with Ginger
- April 9 – Talk Radio interviews Ginger for her new project with Afghan young women and Haitian expectant mothers – The Talk Station WTKF-FM/WJNC-AM www.TheTalkStation.com
- April 2010 – Positive comments in a letter from the hosting venue’s pastor about the Musicians 4 Missions Concert held on March 5, 2010.
- March 20, 2010 – Ginger featured as expert in low back pain on The Holistic Health Show, with Dr. Carl Helves. Ginger and Dr. Helves
Download or Listen to the interview here
Download Free Audio Acrobat Here to listen to interview
- March 4, 2010 – Talk Radio interviews Ginger for her work with Musicians for Missions and Haiti – The Talk Station WTKF-FM/WJNC-AM www.TheTalkStation.com
- March 2, 2010 – Advance for OT Practitioners – An Uncommon Approach
- February 25, 2010 – Advance for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine article on Ginger’s PYT program: An Uncommon Approach: Using Integrative Rehab Programs To Treat Patients With Cancer
- February 25, 2010 - The Great Legacy: Ginger’s guest blog for Midwifery and women’s health is published for Midwife for Your Life, Stacey Curnow.
- February 12, 2010 – How I Manage Work/Life Balance: Ginger’s guest blogs for National Association of Mothers’ Centers based in Washington D.C. and founded by Pulitzer Prize nominee Ann Crittenden.
- February 12, 2010 – Ginger is interviewed in published article, Guide To Great Posture
- February 4, 2010 – Ginger guest blogs for Circle+Bloom on Adrenal Burnout & Fertility is published.
- February 1, 2010 – Ginger is quoted by National Association of Mothers’ Centers Initiative, Your (Wo)man in Washington®, Mothers Ought To Have Equal Rights for her blog, Breathing In This Life, entitled: Does America Love Its Children?
- January 31, 2010 – 11 pm EST Official Launch of Professional Yoga Therapy.org
- January 30, 2010 – Greenville News Topix: PYTS Launches National 2010 Schedule
- January 29, 2010 – Ginger’s 2010 National Schedule Begins in NC
- January 28, 2010 – Ginger interviewed about maternal sleep health and habits
- January 22, 2010 – Ginger quoted by midwife, Stacey Curnow
- January 21, 2010 – Ginger’s DVD quoted on Fibromyalgia Pain Relief 101 blog
- January 19, 2010 – Wire report US Mission Volunteers Send Word from Haiti – Ginger interviewed for UM Portal.
- January 18, 2010 MLK Day – Ginger interviewed on Talk Radio – WTKR 107.1 discussing her philanthropic work in maternal and child Health in Haiti
- January 17, 2010 – The Sun Journal, New Bern, NC – Ginger launches M4M, a humanitarian effort to raise money for Haitian children.
- January 17, 2010 - Ginger on video stream - Jacksonville Daily News, NC – Musicians for Missions 2010 – Medical Mission for Haiti
- January 17, 2010 – Ginger featured in news article about philanthropic work in Music for Haiti and for women in Afghanistan
- January 15, 2010 – Topsail Voice quotes Ginger Garner
- January 15, 2010 – Ginger launches www.music4haiti.org after founding it in October 2009.
- January 14, 2010 – Ginger interviewed in Carteret New-Times and Jacksonville Daily News for her public health efforts toward Haiti Relief Aid.
- January 13, 2010 – The Daily New video stream of Haiti Concert rehearsal
- January 13, 2010 – Ginger interviewed by ENC Today for her work in Haiti
- January 1, 2010 – Ginger interviewed as fitness expert on women’s health center website
- January 1, 2010 – As of December 2009 Ginger has raised over $20,000 for the women of Afghanistan who are studying in America through IEAW. New Chapter Vitamins has pledged their women’s One A Day multi-vitamin, an organic, whole food vitamin, for 2 years for the Afghan women.
- December 29, 2009 – Ginger interviewed about Better Sleep Tips for Pregnant Women
- December 22, 2009 – Ginger quoted by birth expert and mother
- November 29, 2009 – Ginger interviewed North Carolina newspaper on her national grassroots work in medical and professional yoga therapy.
- Read More Press Here
- October 20, 2009 – Ginger is interviewed by the National Association of Mothers’ Centers about her views and work with women giving birth. Read the interview here.
- August 2009 – Ginger’s response to Parenting & Yoga Practice on Yoga Journal Online
- August 19, 2009 – Ginger’s response about Fear of Birth in America published in Midwifery Today, Volume 11, Issue 17
- May 2009 – Initiative to Educate Afghan Women “Project Support Afghan Women’s Health” – The AP notices Ginger’s humanitarian efforts and sends her story nationwide.
- April 20, 2009 – Ginger’s Afghan women humanitarian effort, Project Support Afghan Women’s Health, receives National attention
- May 2009 – The Tideland News
- May 2009 – The Jacksonville Daily News
- May, 2009 – Initiative to Educate Afghan Women. Ginger founds successful Project Support Afghan Women’s Health.
- February 14, 2009 release date and now available for purchase Yoga In America edited by Deborah Bernstein & Bob Weisenberg Ginger’s latest writing published in Yoga In America, the story of yoga in America told by 46 ardent yoga teachers and therapists. Purchase on www.amazon.com
- 2009 Yoga Journal review of PYTS programming in its Annual Yoga Directory 2009 IAYT publishes its second Yoga Therapist Schools training report reviewing PYTS programming.
- Living Well Yoga Project 2009 Yoga Day USA – Ginger offers free one day and 6 week yoga series in Swansboro, NC and Emerald Isle, NC Garner offers free Professional Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda workshops throughout Emerald Isle and Swansboro during 2009.
- Idea Health & Fitness Association 2006 Ginger is interviewed in an article about her work with chronic pain patients, by Kelly McGonigal, PhD 2006
- Ginger’s DVD available on www.amazon.com
- Ginger’s DVD also avilable on www.fitnessbuyersguide.com
- IAYT Website 2007 International Association of Yoga Therapists Review of PYTS CYT Program
- IAYT Journal 2006 – International Association of Yoga Therapists includes PYTS as a School of Yoga Therapy in the United States
- 2006 International Association of Yoga Therapists review of Ginger’s DVD for chronic pain management, Ancient Yoga, New You
- 2004 Jacksonville Daily News, NC – Article about the first studio of its type in Eastern North Carolina – Ginger’s Yoga Therapy & Physical Therapy Studio in Emerald Isle, NC, Living Well Studio
- 2004 Island Review, NC – Article about Ginger’s Yoga & Physical Therapy Studio, Living Well Studio, and Ginger’s work in Yoga & Physical Therapy